Professional history and Board experience
M.S. (Helsinki School of Economics) Matti Jaakola has worked in marketing and leading positions of international and Finnish companies since the beginning of 1980´s. He has acquired lots of experience in forest industry as a CEO of Northern Europe in Georgia-Pacific Corporation and even wider in Metsäliitto, where he acted for a long time in different positions both in Finland and abroad.
Jaakola also has experience in chemical industry, being Area Director Scandinavia in Henkel KgaA, and in Food Industry, having worked in marketing and sales in Oy Sinebrychoff Ab and Oy Karl Fazer Ab.
He has been involved in implementing company arrangements regarding acquisitions, integrations and selling business. Jaakola has executed companies’ change and development processes as well as restructurings. He has lead multi-cultural organizations in international companies. Jaakola is experienced board member working both in home country and overseas and has participated in administration of several essential trade associations.
Activities in Boardman
- Member of the Board, Boardman Ltd. 2009-2010
- Chairman of the Development Forum “The Board and Risk Management”, 2007-2009
- Chairman of the Development Forum “Ownership Development”, 2011
- Speaker of “Ownership and Board work” training program
- Publications: Hallitus vai toimitusjohtaja (‘Board or CEO’, 2007)
- Companies’ internationalizing and geographical expanding
- Strategies of branded goods, distribution and marketing
- Change management and structural arrangements
- Business risks management
- Leadership systems