Professional history and Board experience
Mika Mäkeläinen is a long-time entrepreneur and active social influencer. He was selected as one the top 40 most promising European young leaders in 2012, and in 2011 in Finland he was awarded Young Entrepreneur of the Year.
Mäkeläinen has worked as an entrepreneur for twenty years in many different companies. Prior to becoming an entrepreneur Mäkeläinen worked as an expert in the IT field.
Mäkeläinen is one of the founders of Siili Solutions Corporation. Siili was listed in 2012 at First North Finland marketplace, run by NASDAQ OMX Helsinki. In 2016 Siili was listed on the main Helsinki Exchanges list.
Activities in Boardman
- Member of Boardman´s Board of Directors, 2010-2012
- Member of Boardman´s Nomination Committee, 2009
- Founder of the Boardman 2020 group, Chairman 2010-2012
- Organizer “Unelma Suomesta 2020” project and “Independence Day Gala”, 2009-2012
- Chairman of the Development Forum “Values & Ethics of Owners, Boards and Management”, 2008-2009
- Publications: Kasvun haasteet – kasvuyritysten rakentaminen ja hallinta (’The challenges of growth – building and managing a growth company’, 2007)
- Growth and serial entrepreneurship
- Innovation strategies and implementation
- New ventures