Professional history and Board experience
Master of Science (Helsinki School of Economics, 1986) Sari Järvi worked for about 10 years in Instrumentarium Group, first as internal inspector and controller, and from 1988 as a founder, partner and CFO of Instru Data Ltd. Starting in 1994, Sari Järvi worked in Mec Rastor as a Management Consultant, in the field of settling the implications of the banking crisis, as well as in projects of structural and corporative arrangements of concerns.
In 1994-1998, based on assignment from Arsenal, Sari Järvi acted as an expert and later as Development Director, being representative of financier and supporting management when developing the problematic companies and bringing them back into the normal banking and financing system. The main responsibility for evaluating and developing the financial and structural condition of companies.
In 1988 Järvi founded her own consulting company. She is partner and board member in many manufacturing and trade SMEs. In this connection, her main task is to participate actively in revitalizing and developing the business, and, as a specific area of responsibility, normalizing and developing financial administration and structure.
Activities in Boardman
- Member of the Boardman Ltd. Board, 2006-2008
- Member of the Boardman Ltd. Nomination committee, 2010
- Chairman of Development Forum “Finances Management”, 2006
- Publications: Yrittäjä, yritys ja talouden hallinta (’Entrepreneurs, company and finances management’, 2006)
- Business based developing of financial administration and financing
- Corporate structural and financial arrangements
- Entrepreneurship and small and medium-sized enterprises
- Operations in problem companies and in external change
- Financial structure, administration and strategy planning for starting companies