Boardman partner, Chairman of the Board of Boardman Ljt
Professional history and board experience
M. Sc. Econ, HHJ (Approved Board Member) Satu Koskinen has over twenty years of experience in management positions in the retail and service business industries. She has worked as business manager, department store manager, HR manager, rector of the Jollas Institute of S Group and CEO. Additionally she has served several boards and is a member in many development groups. She has worked as a researcher and as a member of the advisory board in the Oxford Institute of Retail Management at Oxford University.
Satu has a PhD from the University of Jyväskylä School of Economics, majoring in management. Her doctoral thesis was about the practices between the CEO and the Chairman of the Board, the development of trust, and the process leading to the removal of the CEO. She is also an entrepreneur at Boardcoach Ltd. and a board professional.
Activities in Boardman
- Board member and Chairman of the Board, Management Reasearch Network (LJT)
- Author of the Boardman book “Vuorovaikutus hallitustyön ytimessä” (2020)
- Member of the Alumnus Network, Digitalisation Forum and Ownership Competence Forum
- Boardman Advisors Mentor
- Retail and Services Business
- Management of the educational organizations
- Management and competence development, developing the teamwork of the board and the executives
- Educational institution management
- Leadership and competence development
- Expertise in chain and network-based business