Professional history and Board experience
M. of Theology Tapio Aaltonen has studied both psychology and philosophy, and has served in management level positions in organisations for his entire professional career. He started in the third sector in Finland, Sweden and other international posts, and later became an entrepreneur. Aaltonen founded Novetos Ltd., a management consulting company, in 1997. He has also worked as journalist and Editor-in-Chief (Sana) and has played an active part in Finnish Business Society since it was founded. Aaltonen is passionate about brainstorming and finding new ways to solve issues.
Aaltonen has written over 10 books on leadership. “Company Values and Ethics” (&Junkkari, WSOY 1999) won the Pro Oeconomia award. Aaltonen’s latest books are “Vocation leader” (&Kirjavainen&Pitkänen, Talentum 2014) and “Merkityksen Kokemus” (&Ahonen&Pajunen, Auditorium 2015). Additionally, Aaltonen is a diligent blogger (novetos.fi, eetostaja paatosta.fi). In 1996 Aaltonen was nominated as Dean for Ecclesiastic Practice.
Currently Aaltonen acts as a vice chairman of the Helsinki Missio Association. He worked as the Chairman of the Board Novetos Ltd until 2013. He has held Board roles in many companies and associations such as Boardman Ltd., The Finnish Evangelical Lutheral Mission, Kannonnokka Ltd. and Karas-Sana Ltd.
He is vice chairman of the board of directors at HelsinkiMissio Association. He served as the Chairman of the Board at Novetos Ltd until 2013. He has served as a member of the Board of Directors at i.a. Boardman Oy, Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Mission, Kannonnokka Oy and Karas-Sana Oy.
Activities in Boardman
- Member of the board, Boardman Ltd., 2011-2014
- Chairman of “Diversity in Board work” development forum, 2012
- Member of “Values and Ethics in Board work” forum, 2009-2010
- Chairman of “Mediation in the decision-making chain” development forum, 2009-2010
- Speaker of “Ownership and Board work” training program
- Publications: Diversity in Board Work and Steering Organizations (2012), Ethics and Responsibility as an asset in leadership (in book: Hallituksen huomio horisonttiin, 2009)
- Management coaching
- Corporate and management values and ethics
- Conflict mediation, crisis management
- Development of executive boards’ and board practices
- Executive coaching
- Visionarity, creativity and inspiring
- Facilitating methods