Professional history and Board experience
M.S. in Engineering (Helsinki University of Technology, 1978) Maija-Liisa Friman has performed duties in production, customer service and general management both in Finnish and international companies for over 30 years. Most recently, she has worked as a CEO of Aspocomp Group Plc., before that as a CEO in Vattenfall Ltd. and Gyproc Ltd.
Previously and among other things, she served as a Board Member of Essity AB, Finnair Plc, Neste Corporation, LKAB (Luossavaara-Kiirunavaara AB), Metso Corporation, TeliaSonera Corporation and also as Chairman of the Board of Helsinki Deaconess Institute and Ekokem Oy.
Activities in Boardman
- Member of the Boardm, Boardman Ltd. 2009-2012
- Member of the Nomination Committee, Boardman Ltd. since 2013, Chairman since 2015
- Member of “Diversity in Board work” development group, 2012
- Chairman of “The values and ethics of owners, board and management” development forum, 2008-2009
- Publications: Diversity in Board work and Steering organizations (2012), Johdon palkitseminen (2011), Tarkastusvaliokunnan rooli ja tehtävät (2010)
- Customership managment
- Development of Human Resources
- Value and Team management