OBM Decision-Making Assessment
A decision-making assessment is a tool for evaluating the competence, alignment of intentions and balance of power in the Ownership-Board-Management (OBM) decision-making chain.
The goal of the assessment is to enhance the effectiveness of the company’s decision-making chain and the interaction between the different actors.
OBM DECISION-MAKING ASSESSMENTS REVEAL STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- Where in the Ownership-Board-Management (OBM) decision-making chain is real added value generated, and where are the potential bottlenecks?
- Have the owners been able to communicate their ownership goals to the board and management, and have they chosen the best possible board to implement them? Or do the owners have a shared vision of what they want to achieve with their ownership and in which direction the company should be led?
- Has the board understood the owners’ intentions and been able to communicate them effectively to the management?
- Are the board and management implementing the owners’ intentions in an agile and optimal way, or are there some discontinuity points?
- How effective is the collaboration between owners, board and management, and how can it be enhanced to create added value for the company?
IMPLEMENTATION AND CONTENT OF THE ASSESSMENT
- Online assessment for all parties involved: owners, board of directors and management – no limit to the number of participants
- The results of the assessment are gathered from all parties involved: owners, board of directors and management
- The assessment is deepened through interviews with owners, board members and top management
- A synthesis is produced that presents the key findings, development suggestions, and a summary of the online assessment from all areas – assessment debriefing and review of results.
OBM decision-making assessments are conducted by Boardman partners.
THE ASSESSMENT PROVIDES STEPS FOR DEVELOPING THE OBM DECISION-MAKING CHAIN
The assessment is a comprehensive tool for developing a company’s decision-making chain. The assessment identifies the strengths and weaknesses of the decision-making chain. This is about improving the company’s strategic agility, which is a crucial success factor in today’s business environment.
The assessment provides guidance and steps for both owners and the board of directors to develop the company’s governance chain and operations comprehensively. An OBM decision-making assessment is about developing the entire governance chain.