Professional history and Board experience
Jussi Lystimäki has worked for over 20 years in executive and board work roles within Internet and the networked global digital economy. Lystimäki, who has completed the International Design Business Management (TaiK, HKKK) program, has been setting up and building dozens of growth companies in Finland, the United Kingdom and Israel since the early 1990s. Some of the companies have either been sold to an industrial investor, or listed on the Helsinki or London Stock Exchange. Companies include: Novintel, Tera Group, Prisma Consulting, Idean, Sendandsee, Tecc-Is, Mermit, Osaketieto, N-Game, Satama Interactive.
Currently, Lystimäki serves as Executive Vice President of the Norwegian media group, Schibsted Media Group, responsible for the Group’s growth and investment activities globally covering the aspects of Internet of Things, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence. In addition to building a global venture organization, his role includes active board work in internal and target companies, the development of new global business concepts, and the Group’s strategic planning. Previously, he was responsible for the Schibsted´s European Portfolio business.
Lystimäki has acted as board member and Chairman in numerous early-stage and growth companies as well as in dozens of companies as board’s advisor in the field of building strategy and growth. He is the Chairman of the state-owned Nordic Morning Corporation, and a Member of the Board of Directors of internet growth companies in Switzerland, Ireland, Sweden, Spain and Hungary.
Activities in Boardman
- Member of Boardman´s Board of Directors, 2007-2009
- Member of Boardman´s Nomination Committee, 2012-2014
- Member of the board, Boardman2020, 2006-2014 and Chairman 2007-2009
- Speaker of the “Ownership and Board Work” training program
- Chariman of the Development Forum “Board Work at the Growth Companies”, 2006-2008
- Publications: Kasvun haasteet – kasvuyritysten rakentaminen ja hallinta (’The challenges of growth – building and managing a growth company’, 2007), Yrittäjä, yritys ja talouden hallinta (‘Entrepreneur, company and financial management’, 2006)
- Growth and networking
- Growth financing and sales
- Developing board working and decision-making chain of growth companies
- Internationalization of business concepts and scalability globally
- International Growth and Technological Development
- Transforming more traditional business into an agile digital business