Professional history and Board experience
M.Sc. (Tech. 1988) and Lic.Sc. (Tech. 1993) Laura Raitio holds over 20 years of experience in international business with sales, marketing, manufacturing, product development and general management.
Raitio worked as the Managing Director of Diacor Health Services Oy 2014-2017. Prior to that, she served as a manager in the Building and Energy business area of Ahlstrom Plc. for 24 years in defferent management positions; Building and Energy business area includes products as special papers, fiber fabrics and glass fiber reinforcements for the use of construction industry, wallpaper manufacturers, floor mat material manufacturers and wind power industry.
Raitio has acted as a Member of the Board Neste Plc since 2011, as a Member of the Board of Directors at Suominen Corporation since 2015 and Raute plc since 2017. Raitio has served on the Finnish Figure Skating Association’s Board of Directors since 2011 and as a Chairman since 2015.
Activities in Boardman
- Member of Boardman´s Board of Directors, 2015
- Member of the Development Forum “Ownership and Board Work in Listed Companies”, 2016
- Member of the Alumnus Network Board, 2017
- Inspiring and team work
- Change management in challenging situations, profit improvement projects
- Multicultural organizations and their management
- Strategy processes and implementation