Professional History and Board Experience
Marko Parkkinen (1970 M.Sc, BBS) has over 25 years of experience in company growth as an entrepreneur, consultant and Member of the Board. His mission is to save the world by solving critical problems with building up new businesses, and save Finland by helping companies to become more competitive.
Parkkinen has been involved in founding of total of 34 new companies, 23 latest of which he has founded through his consulting company Ratkaisutoimisto Seedi since 2009. The most well-known companies founded by Seed are e.g. Verso Food Ltd, Taito United Ltd and Woodly Ltd. Seedi has consulted more than 200 companies and organizations in areas of growth and commercialization.
In addition to its own businesses, Parkkinen has been actively involved in several Board of Directors of family owned companies, listed companies and associations. He has lectured on ownership and board work in the Chamber of Commerce’s HHJ education and Boardman’s “Ownership and Board Work” training program.
Mainostajat (Advertisers’ association) has chosen him in three consecutive years among the three sharpest Finnish Marketing Thinkers (IRO 2003-2005) and he has been awarded Mainonnan monitaho (Versatile Advertiser) – prize in 2005. In 2010 Tietoviikko magazine chose him among the 100 IT-influencers. In 2011 he was among the ten finalists for Innovation Leader.
Activities in Boardman
- Member of Boardman´s Board of Directors, 2017
- Member of the Development Forum “Ownership Competence”, 2017
- Member of the Boardman2020 Board, 2010-2011
- Member of the “Management Study and Research Group”,
- Publications: Kasvun haasteet – kasvuyritysten rakentaminen ja hallinta (2007) – (Challenges of growth – building and managing growth companies)
- Leading with knowledge
- Entrepreneur´s owners will