Professional history and Board Experience
M.Sc. in Engineering (1984) and MBA (INSEAD, 1990), SEP (Stanford, 2000) Tuomo pharmaceutical, capital investment and branded goods companies for 35 years.
Lähdesmäki has worked in boards of approximately 40 companies (including 13 listed companies), their groups and affiliated companies. He has also worked in administration of trade and industry organizations and non-profit corporations, such as The Delegation for Associations and Funds (member of the board since 2005 and Chairman since 2012).
Activities in Boardman
- Founding Partner of Boardman Ltd.
- Member of the Boardman´s Board of Directors, 2002-2005 and 2013-2015
- Chairman of the Alumnus Network, 2014-2016
- Publications: Johdon palkitseminen (‘Management compensation’, 2011), Hallitustyön arviointi (’Evaluation of board work’, 2004), Hallitus – Omistajan asialla, johdon tukena (’Board – Presenting the owners, supporting the management’, 2002)
- Strategic and operational management of international companies, board work and owner and investor relationships
- Administrative and organizational models related to ownership and strategic and operational management of public and private enterprises
- Ownership, investments, sponsorship and social relationship of public and private enterprises
- Information and telecommunications industry, pharmaceutical and biotechnical industries as well as health care, metal, engineering works and forest industries
- International marketing of technology and branded goods companies
- B2B and B2C marketing and sales
- Non-profit associations and funds, real estate and finances investment