CG and Board Work in Finland -training
13.02.2024 - 17.05.2024 | Boardman Olohuone OR Online
Corporate Governance and Board Work in Finland -training is a great choice whether you aspire to be a board member or already are an experienced board member.
Training is aimed for international executives and board members working in Finland or in Finnish companies.
Board work best practices can change from one country to another. We want to offer you the latest knowledge, real life board work experiences and networking opportunities with executive leaders in Finland.
- CG and Board Work in Finland -training is an intensive and interactive course that can be attended online from your preferred location.
- During the training modules the attendees can discuss, challenge, and deepen their information about Nordic corporate governance and board work as well as on cooperation practices between the board and management.
- The course offers also a great opportunity to network with other board professionals in Finland.
- The lecturers are top-level specialists of their field with wide experience and know-how on board work and managing variety of large and midsized companies operating internationally. Training consists of four modules and we recommend to attend each of them.
Each module takes three hours and are organized from 2pm to 5pm (Finnish time). Training will be held hybrid and you can participate modules 1-3 either live at Boardman’s office (Urho Kekkosen katu 2c) or online via Zoom.
4. Module 16-17.5.2024 will be held at Hanasaari (Hanasaarenranta 5, 02100 Espoo, Finland). We reserve rooms for participants and we hope that as many as possible can participate in person.
MODULE 1: February 13th 2024, 14.00-17.30
Board Agenda – Nordic Governance model and Roles & Responsibilities of the Board members
- Nordic Board Work experiences (Rajeev Suri, Inmarsat former CEO of Nokia)
- Board Agenda and Working Practices in Finland (Laura Raitio, Boardman partner)
- Nordic and Finnish Corporate Governance models (Manne Airaksinen, Roschier)
- Board Member Duties and Responsibilities (Manne Airaksinen, Roschier)
MODULE 2: March 5th 2024, 14.00-17.00
Board’s Role in Strategy work
- Board’s role and strategy work in different types of companies (JT Berqvist, Boardman partner)
- Fireside Chat 1: Strategy processes – What to include?
- Moderator: JT Berqvist, Boardman partner
- Delphine Mousseau, Independent Consultant, E-commerce Expert and Board Member
- The impact of owner strategy on the company’s strategy (Peter Therman, Boardman partner)
- Fireside Chat 2: Strategy processes – Involvement of owners, board, management
- Moderator: Peter Therman, Boardman partner
- Juha Peltolta, Vaaka Partners
- Arja Talma, Boardman partner
MODULE 3: April 16th 2024, 14.00-17.00
Financial Reporting and Internal Control
- Financial Reporting and the Board (Lauri Kallaskari, PwC Finland)
- ESG reporting requirements now and in the future (Tiina Puukkoniemi, PwC Finland)
- Fireside Chat: Work of the audit committee
- Moderator: Mirel Leino-Haltia, Boardman partner
- Päivi Koivisto, Cargotec
MODULE 4: May 16-17th 2024 @Hanasaari, Finland
The right people in the right place
- Selection of CEO & Co-operation of the CEO and the Chair of the Board (Philip Aminoff, Boardman partner)
- Board and Management remuneration practices in Finland (Samuli Sistonen, Reward Agency)
- Board work continuous development (Laura Raitio, Boardman partner)
- Group works and dinner
- Group work presentations
- Wrap up -keynote
- Lunch and end of the training (around 13.00)
Further information and inquiries
+358 44 0199 553